What is AHRC?
AHRC is an association founded in 1949 by a group of parents who could not obtain services for their children with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
These parents banded together to develop programs and services and to influence the government to change legislation and public policy. Today AHRC has achieved what was once thought impossible.
We have become one of the largest consumer-based nonprofit organizations in New York City, offering programs and services that provide daily assistanc to thousands of individuals of all ages and their families throughout the five boroughs.
what can AHRC Offer Our Families, Friends & Professionals?
Become a part of a network who share your concerns and your commitment to making sure that people with developmental disabilities get the services they deserve.
Add your voice to those seeking legislation and public policies that protect the rights of those with developmental disabilities.
Recieve information about developments affecting people with disabilities.
Access to AHRC Services is in no way influenced by contributions. Please note that benefits may change without notice. You must be 18 or older to become a member.
Annual Membership for just $10
- Membership Card and Voting Rights
- An invitation to the Annual Meeting & AHRC Family Education Series
- An opportunity to purchase tickets to the Annual Dinner
- Receive AHRC's publication, the AHRC Chronicle
3-Year Annual Membership for $25
- A $5.00 Savings
- An opportunity to purchase movie tickets to AMC theaters at $7.50 each (sold in pairs)
- Access to discounted Broadway and Off-Broadway theater tickets.
Lifetime Membership for $200
- All of the benefits of a Three-Year Membership, and
- AHRC Lifetime Membership Pin
- Access to discounted tickets to Six-Flags Great Adventure
- A membership card for The Buyers Edge, a consumer discount buying service
How to Become a Member
Become a member or renew your membership online ----> proceed to our online form and follow the steps to place a secure payment online.
Mail in your application & payment ----> download the form (PDF), print out the application and mail in your payment for membership.
Please join us so that we can continue to make the world a better place for people with developmental disabilities!
For more information regarding membership, please contact:
AHRC New York City Membership Department