We’re On A Mission… Building Better Lives.
If you are looking for a place where you can truly make a difference and live your passion every day, we invite you to take a close look at AHRC New York City. We are always looking for bright and talented people to join our diverse team.
Our Direct support staff are the primary providers of supports for people with developmental disabilities in New York City.
There are many exciting opportunities for employment and training at AHRC New York City. Wherever your interests lie, at AHRC NYC you will find a full range of opportunities to develop and grow your career.
Our competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, outstanding opportunities for personal and professional growth, and supportive work environment reflect the value we place on the contributions of each team member.
AHRC NYC is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Search for Current Job Openings Now
Search for current job openings and apply online by using our JOB SEARCH PORTAL or call the AHRC New York City Job Information Hotline at (212) 780-2764 for more information on available positions and how best to apply! Full Time, Part Time and Per Diem Positions are available, with flexible schedules.
AHRC New York City offers an excellent benefits package including: vacation, sick and personal days, comprehensive health insurance, commuter benefits, tuition assistance, 403b plan, flexible spending plan, discounts on computers, entertainment, gym memberships, and many more benefits.
If you have questions about AHRC NYC’s benefits, please call our Benefits Hotline at 212-895-3381
Internship opportunities are available for college students seeking course credit, and for people who are preparing for graduate school.
AHRC New York City offers a number of exciting internship opportunities for people in undergraduate and graduate programs. These opportunities can help to prepare people who are on a career path in the Human Services field.
Additionally, AHRC NYC can accommodate interns who are interested in all fields of Human Services, although selections may depend on our ability to provide an intern with proper oversight by staff.
AHRC also offers Pre-Doctoral Level Psychology Internships that are accredited by the APA. As part of their training, psychology interns can expect to become involved in a number of service delivery programs including:
– Outpatient mental health services
– Interdisciplinary assessment services
– Crisis intervention services provided via a mobile team
As part of an interdisciplinary team, psychology interns will interact with a broad range of professionals including physicians, social workers, nurses, speech and language pathologists, occupational therapists and physical therapists.
AHRC NYC staff are provided with frequent opportunities to improve their skills through staff training seminars. Additionally, staff are encouraged to further their education in the field of developmental disabilities and related studies.
Employment Spotlight: Behavioral Intervention Specialist
AHRC NYC seeks Behavioral Intervention Specialist – MA to complete and maintain accurate service records and reports for individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
- Complete pre-admission evaluations, annual psychological status assessments, and periodic diagnostic testing to individuals with ID/DD.
- Plan and implement behavior support plans as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Engage individuals in individual and/or group treatment as needed.
- Coordinate psychological care and behavioral programs with families in residential settings or other relevant stakeholders in the individual’s service provision.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Instruct staff appropriate techniques for behavior management problems.
- Interpret psychological behavioral problems and test findings.
- Attend interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Ensure compliance with regulations governing service provision.
REQ: MS in Psychology or related field + 1 year of exp.
Mail resume to:
AHRC New York City
83 Maiden Lane
New York, NY 10038.