We provide an array of community-based and medically-based rehabilitation services for people with Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI).
Our TBI Structured Day Program facilities are wheelchair accessible, and transportation from all boroughs of New York City can be provided to and from our Bronx and Brooklyn locations.
A person with a traumatic brain injury may receive services for as long as needed, either post-discharge from a formal rehabilitation setting or as a complement to those services.
TBI Structured Day Programs Goals:
- Develop and enhance functional independent living skills
- Increase socialization opportunities
- Promote community inclusion
- Develop problem-solving skills
- Develop and enhance the use of compensatory strategies
In supervised community settings, AHRC NYC professionals help people work towards their rehabilitation goals. People are provided with a full day of community-based skill development, a variety of educational, cultural, and volunteer opportunities. Psychological services are also available.